Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Time.

Among the piles of papers on my desk, my tea that is slowly getting luke-warm, the dishes in the sink, I can't help but to drop everything that I am doing right now and write a blog post. 

As you click the link to my blog, or have signed up for instantaneous emails (which I encourage all of you to do ;))  you will notice that I changed the template a bit, I felt a change was needed :)

As I sip my tea, and hear the two rambunctious kids upstairs in our semi-basement apartment, I can't help but feel a sense of happiness. Life has been busy, and I know it has been busy for a lot of people. I am feeling lately that the more I think about doing something, calling someone, or writing a blog post, I take more time thinking about it and trying to fit it in my schedule than actually sitting down and doing it. So here I am...with at least four hours of studying to do tonight and it is already after 7:00pm, I still need to wash the dishes, tidy our cute little abode, answer emails, and pre-read for tomorrow's lectures, but all I could think about was writing. 

I feel as though everyone wishes they had more of something, and if you ask every medical student, they will respond with: time. Or any student for that matter. Or mothers. Or fathers. Or the elderly. We all want more out of each day, even though some days we want it to end rather quickly. It is an odd concept. As every day passes, and long hours of studying swiftly escape me, I can't help but sit back and really enjoy this ride that I am on. I could not imagine studying any other material this intensely, and I am happy my parents told me: "you can do this, just put your mind to it and we know you can do it". Without their support, I know I would have taken the easy way out, and not have been challenged mentally every single day in this program. I really am thankful every time I leave the classroom.

I want people who are reading this to know that you have to make the time for stuff that matters. Whether it is staying up late to skype with your bff, writing a snail mail letter because physical mail is so much better than a facebook message, or making sure you do something for yourself each week, or heck, every day! Why not? We have so much going on in our lives and it is easy to get caught up in the chaotic lifestyle, and forget about the little things. How such perfect timing for Valentine's am I right?

Ok, my tea is not officially cold, and for anyone who knows me, they know I like it absolutely burning, I know, I know...I'm weird. Off to look over Picornaviridae and Orthomyxoviridae lecture slides, and talking about vaccines, and how they are essential to one's health. No debate about that after seeing some of these pictures! Yikes!

Have an amazing Wednesday night everyone :)

Bye for now,

-E xo

Who would I be without pictures?

Pretending to be a model. Hayyyyy

Love Tracy Olan's work. 

I miss this view.

And this one...

Cutie.

Our hotel.

On our way to Hobbiton!

Three generations. 

Castle Hill. 

Nelson for NYE!



1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete